So… I was giving some jelly to my cat
My phone started ringing. Forgetting that I was holding the spoon I took the phone.
I never heard the spoon hitting the floor…
they are evolving
For readings on the correlation in horror between puberty and the monstrous, see:
- Barbara Creed’s The Monstrous-Feminine: Film, Feminism and Psychoanalysis (specifically, the chapter called “Woman As Possessed Monster”)
- Aviva Briefel’s “Monster Pains: Masochism, Menstruation, and Identification in Horror Film”
- “‘The Hair That Wasn’t There Before’: Demystifying Monstrosity and Menstruation in Ginger Snaps and Ginger Snaps Unleashed”
- Bianca Nielson’s “Something’s Wrong, Like More Than You Being Female”: Transgressive Sexuality and Discourses of Reproduction in Ginger Snaps”
- Shelley Stamp Lindsey’s “Horror, Femininity, and Carrie’s Monstrous Puberty”
Okay, but I never pissed on the rug.
you wrote your name on my heart in permanent marker but only let me write on yours in pencil